Keep calm it's only Christmas

Good Morning! I am up so early this morning. I wanted to take some time to share a thought this morning about trusting God. This is an area where I personally struggle a lot. I was inspired by God to start this blog and each day when I read my word and I prepare something to share I have to believe that I am pleasing God and He will bless my endeavor. 

Christmas is 5 days away. This time of year really bothers me just as much as I am excited for it. I believe that each person, Christian or not, feels the same way about this. We all get a little uncomfortable with what other people say and do concerning Christmas. It is a time for families to just go crazy over times and schedules. Everyone feels as though they don't make enough money and can't afford the perfect gift. As well as the overwhelming consumerism that is just ludicrous to me. 



When I really think about how insane people go over Christmas it makes me sad. Christmas they always say is the season of giving. I think it is absurd that we don't care about giving all year long. Also, when we do give its to our family and people we love! 

Matthew 5:46-47 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?…

If we put away all of this and focus on Jesus; than the problems really solve themselves. HE is our PROVIDER, HE is our PEACE, HE is our LEADER, HE is the REASON for the SEASON! We try and make ourselves feel good by what we gave or how much we gave but GOD gave YOU more. He sent His only son to die for our sins; for us to have LIFE. Life, not Christmas chaos. 



If we lean completely on Christ and trust in Him than we wont want for anything. We will have a path lit up for us if we completely trust in our Savior. He was born to redeem the world. The reason for the season is to listen to what He is telling us. The blood has been shed already. It is our CHOICE to believe and not fear. The sheep choose to follow the Shepard because they are smart enough to know that they need him to survive. Are we not as smart as sheep? We have to jump out into His arms and trust that He will catch us. 

Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

All you students of the word, I know you know this scripture but read it over. It is so soothing. God just wants us to trust is what he has already done for us. We need to give people the gift of eternal life this season. I think of the trust that Mary needed to be able to bring Jesus into this world. God told her you will have a child. She knew what that meant. It meant exile, it meant being the outcast, it meant potentially losing everything, it meant being put to shame, it meant complete and utter emotional torture. But God had a plan for her. Thank God that she trusted Him enough to bring our Savior into this world. I am not sure if I can ever know a trust like that but I will never quit moving forward. I will never stop this race I have started. I have counted the cost and Jesus is the answer for every question, every problem, every doubt. Jesus is the greatest opportunity that will ever cross this earth. Let us remember what He died for us to have this holiday season and make Him the center of our lives. We will never fail. Stay blessed my friends. xoxo

Matthew 19:26  Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh My, I'm Back Again!